Monday, May 7, 2012

Special Bulletin! (the AARP Bulletin, that is)


BLOGGUS INTERRUPTUS!
THIS JUST IN!

We interrupt our really cool review of the Issey Miyake party (see our Sunday posting below) to bring you this Special Bulletin, courtesy of AARP (the American Association of Retired Persons).

Little did we know that we had made our debut appearance in the May 2012 AARP Bulletin -- until we received calls from friends telling us they saw our smiling faces looking back at them when they opened up their copies and turned to page 6. We were clueless until two people emailed us copies of the page so we could see for ourselves.


Yes, we are those gorgeous creatures! (Double click on the photo for a better view.)

Since neither our names nor that of our blog appear in the article or caption, we really appreciate that people recognized us just from our photo.

Now we can brag "We're on Page 6!"

(Oh, sorry - for those of you who don't know, here in New York, Page 6 is where The New York Post features all the celebrity sightings and other juicy gossip.)

6 comments:

  1. This is so awesome!! You two are such style icons I can tell it's you in the photo even though its only a wee tiny 1 inch image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they didn't give you credit or recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just joined AARP this month and received our first bulletin and ... lo and behold, there was someone I "knew" on page 6 - even without any identifying credits! I felt in so much better company after seeing that, I must say. (But really, how can they not mention names?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic! No doubt - the gorgeous creatures on Page 6. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a mention too, although mine was on the Internet AARP blog. The lovely Style Crone told me. (I had to admit I didn't know what AARP was!) But now that I do.... well, what an honour. Especially as my photos are not nearly as good as yours. Neither are my hats.

    Much love from England,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kudos--With your spirit and verve, I think the sky is the limit and we'll all be seeing lots more of you! (A reality TV series may not be too far behind!) XXO-

    ReplyDelete